To start out with... Jordan got a job! We are so incredibly thrilled about this recent event. He has been hired as an Area Manager for a national contracting company. So far he loves his position and has really enjoyed learning the ropes. We are so thankful that we were blessed with employment so quickly after graduation, especially considering the current state of the job market. I remember sitting up one night watching a news story as I fed Drake and the reporter was discussing how only 20% of 2009 college graduates would likely be employed this year, and my heart just sank because I knew that the odds were stacked against us.
We are so happy that this opportunity has given us the ability to stay in Colorado. We found an apartment in Broomfield by the Flatirons Mall (a location that I LOVE), and will be moving in the beginning of July.
Last Sunday we had Drake's baby blessing. It was a wonderful event that we got to share with Jordan's parents and my family. We were missing Cassy and Taylor though because they were down in Arizona and couldn't be here for it. We had a great time preparing for it but I was relieved when the weekend was over because I had made the lofty goal to make Drake's blessing outfit. It was stressful trying to get it done but I finished it Saturday night and he wore it on Sunday. It wasn't a grand outfit by any stretch of the imagination (simple white overalls), but I was happy that he will have this keepsake that I made especially for him. I would put up a picture but it was difficult enough just to get these two pictures up, maybe next post I can add it.
Drake is growing by leaps and bounds! He has almost mastered holding his head up and sits up with assistance. Jordan managed to get a good chuckle out of him last Saturday but he hasn't starting laughing on a regular basis yet. A part of me is sad to see him growing so quickly but he just gets cuter and more entertaining, that I am excited to see what the next few weeks will bring!

Drake is so cute! I can't believe how big he is and I haven't met him yet! I can't wait to come see you, Drake, Jordan, and the new apartment in 3 weeks! P.s. Jordan looks just like his dad minus the mustache!
ReplyDeleteLol oh no, a POPPED COLLAR! This is one cool kid! :) We miss you guys, but congrats on the job, that's wonderful!
ReplyDelete