August 6, 2009

New Home...Same Giant Baby!!!

Well, it has been quite a while since we have updated our blog. Which means that I am going to try and catch up with several tidbits of our month...

We started the month out with a wonderful 4th of July. We were still living at my parents until the 6th so we spent the day with my Mom, Dad, Cami, Caylee, Half-pint and Quarter-pint (we were watching the boys for the weekend). We went to the ward breakfast in the morning and then to the Golden Fireworks show in the evening. It was a fairly cold, rainy day so we were worried that the show would be canceled, but it wasn't. The fireworks display was a lot shorter than I had expected it to be so I was grateful that we were able to see plenty of other shows on the drive home.



A few days after the 4th we moved! We love our new place, it is spacious and everything is really tall (I have a step stool in the kitchen). Jordan feels like he finally has a place that is just the right size for him :).


Jordan turned 26 this month. He had a pretty low-key birthday this year. We went to The Black-Eyed Pea (one of his favorite restaurants) and I tried fried corn for the first time, it was delicious! He was pretty excited about the gifts that he received as you can see from the pictures.


Drake finally was able to meet his Aunt Cassy when she came out to visit mid-July. She said that she thought he looked just like a mini-old-man version of Jordan... and to be completely honest he really does have that look sometimes! It was wonderful to see Cassy. We had a fun time together and I am excited for Drake to get a new cousin late-September!

This summer has been an especially wet one! I haven't seen so many thunderstorms in a while! We experienced a pretty significant storm on the 20th of July, I have heard news reports that this storm caused over $100 million worth of damage state-wide. This picture doesn't do it justice...



Drake is growing by leaps and bounds. I can't keep up with him! Every time that I unpack a new batch of clothes he out grows them! He is now 18 lbs and is wearing six to nine month old clothing. What a chunk! Regardless of his ridiculous size we adore him and are grateful for him everyday. He has developed this new habit of laughing out loud every time he falls asleep, so once we hear the chuckle we know that he is good and asleep. I gave him his first haircut this week, he was starting to get a little shaggy so I trimmed up around his ears a bit. He has rolled over a few times but still hates being on his tummy. He is also sitting up by himself. "Sitting up" is more like an exaggerated lean forward but he can do it on his own! I haven't caught a picture of it yet so I'll have to put it on the next post.


Finally, we finished out the month with a Saturday afternoon at the Dragon Boat Festival in Denver with Dave, Cara and Layla. It was a celebration of Asian and Polynesian Culture. It was a lot of fun with performances by Hula Dancers, Kung Fu groups and Bollywood Dancers. We had a great time!

1 comment:

  1. Great post callie. I love the picture of Drake on his tummy smiling at the camera! What a cute little boy!

    ReplyDelete